You’ve made the decision to ask the big question, so what’s next? Helping someone find the right engagement ring for their partner - or indeed for themselves in the case where a promise ring has already been given - is a unanimous favourite activity amongst our sales team.
Let these top tips on shopping for the perfect engagement ring help to guide you through the process.
1. You've found us, so you're already off to a good start. First, we'd suggest you come visit us in store - we're located in Dublin's historic Powerscourt Townhouse. That way, we can deliver the most personal service this situation deserves. If you can't make it into us, we're very glad to help you over the phone or via email.
2. Next, we invite you to browse our 18kt gold ring collection - featuring everything from a traditional solitaire diamond ring, to more contemporary baguette diamond styles, precious and semi-precious gemstone encrusted bands - we're confident you'll find something that feels just right.
There's a myriad of things to consider when choosing the right ring but the main points are:
Budget - have an idea of what you'd like to spend as this will be a huge help in choosing the perfect ring.
Style - Traditionalist? Minimalist? Alternative? Colour lover? An engagement ring can help to communicate yours or your partner's personal style.
Durability - some stones are softer than others, making them more suitable for wearing every other day. This is an important point to bear in mind when choosing a ring you're planning for you or your partner to wear everyday, 'til death do you part'.
3. We'll then take your partner's rings measurements or measure your own finger, if you're shopping for yourself. If you haven't managed to sneak this information out of your beloved, we always recommend bringing in a ring you know they wear on their ring finger. Failing this, we recommend sizing up as rings tend to be easier to size down.
4. If we have your chosen ring in stock, you'll get to walk away there and then with it. If not, then fear not... we will custom make your ring to size, a process which takes about 6-8 weeks.
5. This is where we part ways and leave you to the even funner part; asking your partner for their hand in marriage. We're always here if you need something resized or resparkled before the big day.
You can shop our collection of diamond rings here.
Wishing you all the luck!
The MoMuse team